Are you one of the Cybersecurity pros heading to Vegas for Black Hat, BSidesLV or Def Con? We asked around to find out the events and activities that people are the most excited about doing during what could be this year’s biggest collection of security super shows!
- BSides Super Soaked Hackers – Right now it is 115-degrees in Las Vegas and the National Weather Service has issued and Excessive Heat Warning. Why not cool down on Tuesday August 2nd at 7:15PM with a huge water balloon fight? For more info, click here.
- Stratosphere Tower Hotel rides – Ride the Big Shot, X-Scream, Insanity, or Sky Jump (reduced price for hotel guests) located at the top of this 1,149-foot tower. If you like thrill rides I’m told that these are a must.
- Black Hat venue parties – Stop by the multiple Black Hat after-parties that are hosted in Mandalay Bay! Many of the big security companies atttending will be hosting parties so don’t miss out on the music, booze, and networking opportunities.
- Defcon 24 Bike Ride – Get up early and beat the heat and join the 6th Annual Bike Ride on Friday August 5th at 6AM sharp. A great way to burn off some of those extra calories from the Las Vegas buffets. For more info, click here!
- Jabbawockeez at MGM Grand – Take a break from security entirely and catch MTV’s America’s Best Dance Crew Season 1 Winners in their live show that was voted “Best Family Show” and “Best All Ages Show” for three years in a row. Watch one of their performances here.
- The Box at Defcon 24 – Test your skills against traps, alarms, and sensors to defuse a bomb, or get blown up (sent to the back of the line). For more details, click here.
- Battle zombies with Adventure Combat Ops – 2 hour zombie apocalypse simulation with training from professionals with Army Ranger, Navy SEAL, Green Beret, and Delta Force backgrounds.
And last but not least…
- Stop by the NRI SecureTechnologies booth #865 at Black Hat – Learn what makes us one of the most advanced Managed Security Service Providers in the world and pick up some great schwag. We’re giving away a limited number of wireless Bluetooth speakers, hard copies of our exclusive research reports, and even having a drawing with multiple winners for some world-renowned Suntory Japanese whiskey!